Thursday 24 March 2011

Another film update

Another work-hectic month. Revision and report-writing are my life right now!

Still, here's a list of the films i've seen over the past few weeks:

No Strings Attached 02-Mar 7
Severance (2)
10-Mar 6
Old School (2)
18-Mar 6
Austin Powers: Goldmember (2)
20-Mar 6
Pineapple Express (2)
20-Mar 8
Extract 21-Mar 7
Friday the 13th: Part 5 22-Mar 5

No Strings Attached was surprisingly good. I genuinely lol'ed a few times and it breaks the mold of rom-coms, somewhat.

Severance wasn't as good as i'd remembered it being. I really wanted to like it, with it being a British horror film. But it did nothing unique, and what it did do wasn't spectacular.

Old School as well was sort of like a poor man's American Pie. Still an enjoyable film but don't feel the need to really watch it again.

I think by the third film the Austin Powers team had run out of jokes. Still a few gems hidden in the film but its a bit mundane really.

Pineapple Express continues to be awesome, as good as i'd remembered it being and still a clever, clever film.

I'd never heard of Extract, not even sure how I stumbled across it. Still, it's smart, funny, unique (I hate to use the word again but it's true ;) and has Jason Bateman in it. All good.

I should probably explain my choice of Friday the 13th: Part 5...I love long-running horror series. So i'm watching all of the Friday the 13th, i've seen odd ones here and there but I'm slowly working my way through chronologically. This has the lowest score of the month as it's not really scary, not really gorey, and the story takes a bit of a weird twist away from what the series has traditionally been about. I'm hoping Part 6 is a bit more enjoyable, but still, i'm sticking it out to Part X (which i've seen before, and was truely terrible :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment